To be the foremost regulatory Institution for Animal Science and Husbandry practice in Africa that will improve the standard of living of its people.
Regulation of Animal Husbandry practices for increased profitability to all Stakeholders' and guarantee improved Animal Husbandry and Production Systems that will embrace environmental sustainability and ensure high quality and quantity of animal proteins to Nigerians.
Nigerian Livestock Farmer
The Nigerian Livestock Farmer has experienced various setbacks over the years mainly due to the use of sub-standard inputs. Commercialization of the livestock sector will remain difficult without regulations and standards.
PROGRAMMES AND COURSES
- Poultry production and Management.
- Hatchery Operations and Management.
- Feedmilling Operations and Management .
- Abattoir Operations and Management.
- Micro-livestock Production and Management .
- Cattle, Sheep and Goat fattening operations and Management .
- Meat, Milk, and Egg Handling and Processing.
- Animal By-products Handling Processing.
- Poultry production.
- Livestock feed production and quality control.
- Animal Breeding (Poultry/Pig/Dairy cattle) .
- Animal products technology
- Micro-livestock production.
- Pig production.
- Ruminant Animal production.
- Dairy production.
- Pasture production and Range management .
- Animal reproduction technology .
- Livestock Agri-business and extension.
- . Animal Breeding
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology
- Pasture and Range Management Technology
- Animal products technology
- Livestock Economics
- Animal Biotechnology
- Livestock Extension
- Livestock production system
Our Top Skills
This is Our Latest Event
NIAS FEED MILLS INSPECTION
More About Us
We have the best facilities in place to get you ready for poultry production.
Our piggery farm is one of the best Nigeria has ever produced it top in the industry.
Our dairy product are the best in the nation
Why Choose Us
Nigerian Postgraduate College of Animal Science Advert
The Nigerian Postgraduate College of Animal Science offers the following programmes:
A. Professional Fellowship Programme leading to Consultants (36-48 Months)
The courses for Postgraduate Fellowship Programmes are:
- Animal Breeding;
- Animal Nutrition;
- Animal Physiology;
- Animal Products Technology;
- Pasture and Range Management Technology;
- Livestock Economics;
- Animal Biotechnology;
- Livestock Extension; and
- Livestock Production System.
Requirements for the Professional Fellowship (Consultant) Programme
The requirements for admission into the College Fellowship programme are as
- Candidates must possess a first degree in Agriculture with specialization in Animal Science from a University recognized by Nigerian Institute of Animal Science
- Candidates must have graduated with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division
- Candidates must be Registered Animal Scientist with the Nigerian Institute of Animal Science (NIAS)
B. Professional Diploma Programme (12 months)
The courses for Postgraduate Diploma Programmes are:
- Poultry Production;
- Livestock Feed Production and Quality Control;
- Animal Breeding (Poultry/Pig/Dairy Cattle);
- Animal Products Technology;
- Micro-livestock Production;
- Pig Production;
- Ruminant Animal Production;
- Dairy Production;
- Pasture Production and Range Management;
- Animal Reproduction Technology; and
- Livestock Agri-Business and Extension;
Requirements for admission into the Professional Diploma Programme
- Minimum of Upper Credit in HND Animal Production with seven (7) years Post Qualification Experience;
- Minimum of Second Class Lower Degree in biological sciences courses with seven (7) years Post Qualification Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years post Associate Animal Scientist Induction Certificate.
Note: Associate Animal Scientist (AAS) candidates who successfully complete the Diploma Programme are eligible to be considered for induction as Registered Animal Scientists.
C. Professional Certificate Programmes (6 months)
- Poultry Production and Management;
- Hatchery Operations and Management;
- Feed Milling Operations and Management;
- Abattoir Operations and Management;
- Micro-livestock Production and Management;
- Cattle, Sheep and Goat Fattening and Management;
- Meat, Milk and Egg Handling and Processing; and
- Animal By-Products, Waste Handling and Processing.
Requirements for Admission into the Professional Certificate Programmes
- First School Leaving Certificate
- Ability to read or write in English Language
Method of Application and Payment
- A copy of Application Form can be downloaded by interested candidates from the NIAS website. On the website, navigate to NIAS Postgraduate College, then click on Portal and fill out the Student Sign Up. Under Preferred Programme Type, click on Select Programme Type. Please follow the complete the form, navigate to the Remit platform to pay the appropriate fee and submit. For the Ceryificate, Diploma and Fellowship courses please pay the respective fees into ‘Training’ on the REMITA platform and indicate the programme in bracket (If you have difficulty in accessing the form and paying, please contact the College by phone or email).
Approved Fees for the Programmes are:
Application fee = N 10,000.00
Acceptance fee = N 20,000.00
Postgraduate Fellowship Courses fee N 600,000.00.
Postgraduate Diploma Courses fee N 300,000.00
Postgraduate Certificate Courses fee N 120,000.00
Approved Study Centers
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan (UI), Oyo State
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), Enugu State
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, Kaduna State
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Ogun State
- Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU), Abia State
- Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- Lectures are online but where candidates are close to resource persons in the study centers in-person interaction can be arranged.
- Payment should be made into the Federal Government Treasury Single Account as stated above.
- The ban on Associate Animal Scientists (AAS) from registering into Postgraduate Diploma Programme has been recently lifted by the Governing Council and therefore Associates are eligible for the programme henceforth.